Tuesday, April 19, 2011

...on so much to change

Yesterday started off being one of the most challenging days I've had in a while and ended as one of the best. We were supposed to have a faculty meeting at 3:30 so Laura and I were getting ready to head that way at about 3:25. If you know me at all, you know that "on time" means 5 minutes early and actually arriving at the time of the event is "late" for me...which drives me crazy. So, I get ready to go at 3:25 and Laura is just taking her sweet time...which IS driving me crazy! She's talking and running around doing this or that. We finally headed down to the library at about 3:30 so we were a few minutes late once we got there. We walked in and (because it was supposed to be a "faculty meeting", I didn't really look around, I just went to sign in) everyone yelled "Surprise!" I just kind of looked at Laura, finished signing in and kind of shrugged. She leaned over and said "This is your baby shower!". THEN, things started to make sense. DUH-a faculty meeting wouldn't have cupcakes that look like Texas Rangers baseballs or gifts or huge home made pennants! I was COMPLETELY surprised b/c my baby shower @ school wasn't supposed to be until NEXT Monday! They had planned it the whole time and I was the ONLY one who didn't know! Such a great ending! Baby K ended up getting a lot of really great things. My 'special' team spent a LOT of time planning, decorating and organizing and the shower was GREAT! I'm so blessed to work with such an awesome group of ladies!


all of Baby K's shower stuff and
the CUTEST cupcakes : )

No comments:

Post a Comment