Monday, May 23, 2011

...for the last Monday of school to come and go

It's been a while.

Doesn't mean I've been sleeping at night, it just means that I've found other ways to utilize the midnight hours (couponing, cleaning, etc.).

I've entered the full blown 'nesting' stage of this pregnancy. I've always liked things to be tidy and clean and organized but am now taking it to a whole new level. This weekend, I cleaned out my husbands closet, organized his shirts and pants by size and ironed everything. I've also been doing the couponing thing, which has been pretty interesting. I recently watched a series on TLC called 'extreme couponing', which is what got me start on coupons in the first place. No desire to ever get THAT out of hand, but definitely looking for ways to save money. So, I've been cutting coupons and checking ads. The problem is that very seldom do things beat the Wal Mart price. Well, I say that's a problem. It's actually a double edge sword. It's a problem because I've wasted time looking at other ads when, at the end of the day, Wal Mart prices win. On the flip side (in the event that I need something and find it cheaper in another ad), Wal Mart will match that price (so I don't have to travel all over to get a deal). Though I haven't had any major hauls and saved bunches of money, I have had progress saving money on things we need/use.

So, that's what I've been up to. This is the last week of school for the 2010-2011 school year and I am so excited to have the next few months to do NOTHING (until the baby gets here....)!


No comments:

Post a Comment